Saturday, June 17, 2006

So much hate is suffocating ..

I was listening to this discourse by Osho on 'Love and Fear', and some of the things that he mentioned just blew my mind. And I was so full of thoughts that if I don’t write about it or talk to some one my mind will explode. Here I will only talk about something I could actually relate to because I experience that all the time.

Have you ever wondered or asked "Who we are”? I bet you have, this is an age old question and every one at some point of time has asked this. But we have been giving all the wrong answers to it. From so long…

Now, sample this.

My name is Atul Dua.

I am an Indian.

I am a Punjabi.

I am a Hindu.

I am a upper class Hindu.

I am a upper class Hindu who belongs to some Khatri caste.

I belong to salaried middle class.

I am a North Indian (read, I am not a south Indian).

I am an engineer.

I am a non - IIT engineer (IITians are after all upper caste engineers)

I am a vegetarian.

I am brown.

I am a chapatti khane wala and speak Hindi (again a diff species if you are in south)

I am a scorpion.

(Does is sounds like Bulla ki jana mai kaun ? )

Its such an innocent profile, but can you see that where I am trying to lead to ?

I hate all Pakistanis by default.

I think Punjabis are the best race in India and sing that song "loki vasde duniya ch vathre, punjabiyan di shan vakhri" with jingoism.

I am dead against the reservation thing. I forward those ugly messages like "Why does arjun singh have sex only on 3 days, because other days are reserved for SC / ST / OBC".

I hate it when an auto wala in Chennai doesn't speak in hindi / english when he actually can.

I hate it when they charge for a spoon in murugan idli shop.

I hate all Gemini zodiac (because once I read in Linda Goodman, that scorpions don’t go well with Gemini)

Ok, this is now getting funny ..

But the truth is that there is so much hate around us that its now SOFFOCATING.

Be it in any context..

Islam and the west.

england and ireland.

usa and mexico. india and pakistan.

north india and south india. And can you believe this ?

even within south india, telugu vs tamil !

Upper caste and lower caste (Bihar is the living example of this caste hatred)

Sample this, one of my friend's parents are against her marriage because it is out of caste. Both the guy and the girl are Brahmins, but of diff. lineage. Can we get more stupid than this?

And this reservation issue (how can I not mention that), both sides are so full of hate. Mayawati unabashedly say "We have been stamped down for years, now its our turn". Wow, what a theory.. and all the protests by the upper caste folks, the smell of hatred is so strong there !!

On the funnier side, go to orkut, and search for communities, you will find "I hate Chennai", "I hate Ekta Kapoor", "I hate kareena kapoor", "I hate salman khan", "I hate this", "I hate that".

Then you switch on the TV, and listen that there was a bomb blast in sri lanka, protest in srinagar, a lower caste girl raped by upper caste butchers in some remote part of rajasthan, okk, let me not get into all these clichés.

But the point is that every act of hatred boils down to our false identity.

yes, we have been taught to identify ourselves with all the wrong things, all those things that divide.

Our schools, our education, our parents (yes, even our parents because the were also the victims), our society, media, friends, everything has destroyed our real I. And we are unaware of it.

Well, I want to try and find my true self who doesn't know how to hate. But the fact that I am writing this blog out of immense HATRED towards "all the hatred around us" means that I have a long way to go!

No comments: