Sunday, August 30, 2009

Lets Kill Buddha



Blog: NO dude. No killing on this blog. And even if you wanna kill then kill that twitter thing. It's the silliest thing to happen to the world wide web and yet it has gained so much publicity. Everyone is tweeting now. No one cares about a good old blog like me.
Add Image
Atul: Don't be jealous of Twitter, it will either eventually die or will be bought by Facebook or something and get a total makeover. And anyways, I was not gonna kill anyone. It's just a koan.

Blog: What is a Koan? Well, never mind, let me check out here.

Atul: So the koan I am talking about is: If you meet the Buddha, kill him.

Blog: I love it. I love cheesy movies and I love cheesy koans. This is the cheesiest of all!! Gets your attention right away! So what do you think it means?

Atul: It means a lot of things. Each one of them is 'true' because anyways there is no 'true' meaning of a koan. To put it mathematically there are MxN solutions of a koan, where is the number of people and n is their personal versions of it.

Blog: Alright, so here we have your subset of it!! Cool. Go ahead.

First: Buddha here represents religion. Any religion, be it even Buddhism, hinders your path to enlightenment. Buddha never wanted to start a new religion, he instead wanted every one to find his own religion. He was not God, I made him God and I started following Buddhism. While all Buddha wanted was me to follow 'Atulism'. So yes, kill that Buddha and find your own personal religion.

Second: Our concept of Buddha is a borrowed concept. What ever we know about him, is through books and through people who claim they know him. But we don't know who he actually was, what motivated him and how he was enlightened. If he received 'Gyaana' sitting under the Bodhee tree, or when he saw a funeral, it's just him. You may 'get it' while dancing in a club on a Saturday night or while ..... well solving this Koan!

Third: Buddha stands for enlightenment itself. On your road to Nirvana, when ever you feel that you are enlightened, take a step back, and tell yourself that you are not! The search for truth is a never ending search. And it's not the destination that matters, but the path itself.

Fourth and my favorite solution: The Buddha stands for the solution of Koan itself. When ever you find one solution, well ...

Blog: I know I know, keep on looking for other answers!

Atul: Exactly. Each one will be personal and will make you realize something else!

Blog: You know what, even I have learned something from this Koan. The technology will get enlightenment the day Artificial intelligence can solve Koans. Until then, don't be satisfied with your technological advancements and keep on inventing new stuff!





No comments: