Friday, December 25, 2009

I wrote a poem for you ..



I wrote your name on the sandy beach
The high tide will wash you away, I was so certain


I wrote your name on the top of that haystack
And climbed down leaving you on the misty mountain


I wrote your name making holes in that autumn leaf
And saw it drift away towards that cascade

I wrote your name with the stars, making my own constellations
And watched you fade away at day break


But you are still here, in my head in my heart
inscribed all over me
The candle I wrote your name on did melt
But not your memory
In pin drop silence I can still hear you
And in darkness I still see
Don't stand there and stare at me like this
and don't laugh at my misery
I wrote your name in a poem as my final attempt
Even the words couldn't set me free.

- Atul

1 comment:

Isha said...

Must say really nice post...saw a completely diff atul